The Royal Mint has, today, announced its designs for 2021 they include:
- The 95th Birthday of Her Majesty the Queen on a £5
- 250th Anniversary of the birth of Sir. Walter Scott on a £2
- The life and work of John Logie Baird on a 50p
- The 50th Anniversary of Decimal Day 2021 on a 50p
- The life and work of H.G. Wells 2021 on a £2
The Decimal Day 50p is of particular interest as it goes back to using the Arnold Machin portrait that was first used on the "New Pence" coins back in 1968/69 (the 50p,10p, and 5p were brought in before decimalisation itself was introduced in 1971). Unfortunately, as well as the Logie Baird 50p and the £2 coins will only be available in year sets and will not be issued for circulation.