The UK's best selling Coin Magazine
Features include: numismatic news; a "what's on" section that lets collectors know about fairs, societies, auctions etc.; an "ancients" section; "market scene" - where you can find out what has been happening in the sale rooms; information on tokens; numismatic book reviews; a banknote section and a directory that allows readers to see what lists the main dealers are offering that month - as well as a host of other features of interest to both the serious and not-so-serious collector.
Coin News Headlines
- Dimitri LoulakakisFri, 19 December 2014
- It is with great sadness that we report the passing of numismatic legend, Dimitri Loulalarkis. Dimitri was one of the "old guard", respected by his fellow dealers, admired by the many collectors he helped over the years and held in high affection by those who knew him. Always with cigar in hand, he...
- Christmas CrackersMon, 24 November 2014
- Premium rate number
RECENTLY the Antiques Trade Gazette (ATG) carried a story about Christie’s the auctioneers and their plans for the vendor’s premium at their sales. Apparently the intention is to add a 2 per cent “success fee” on items that reach or exceed the top estimate. Let me...
- US RarityThurs, 30 October 2014
- The personal touch
IT IS with great sadness that we learn of the death of Frank Milward, one of the “old guard” of dealers that we have known for as long as Token Publishing has been running COIN NEWS. A true “Gentleman”, Frank will be very much missed in the trade as of course are the...
- One Man's passionTues, 26 August 2014
- Bigger than you think
COIN NEWS has just been to the American Numismatic Association’s “World Fair of Money” (ANA) for the second year in succession. The show, in the cavernous Donald E. Stephens convention centre in Rosemont, a suburb of Chicago was, as I mentioned last year, so unlike...
- Rule BritanniaMon, 28 July 2014
- A silver (or gold) lining
THE Royal Mint has recently unveiled a rather classy new look for their gold and silver “Britannia” issues this year with a standing, almost wistful looking figure on the reverse—a far cry from the recent warrior queen bestride a chariot or the windswept...