The UK's best selling Coin Magazine
Features include: numismatic news; a "what's on" section that lets collectors know about fairs, societies, auctions etc.; an "ancients" section; "market scene" - where you can find out what has been happening in the sale rooms; information on tokens; numismatic book reviews; a banknote section and a directory that allows readers to see what lists the main dealers are offering that month - as well as a host of other features of interest to both the serious and not-so-serious collector.
Coin News Headlines
- Canadian Coin SuccessTues, 15 April 2014
- The recent Heritage Auction, held in conjunction with the CICF in Chicago saw some strong prices being paid across the board - of particular note was the Newfoundland 1865 $2 trial piece that fetched a stunning US$102,000. Take a look at the story here. Apparently the coin is already up...
- Spotlight on Queen AnneMon, 24 March 2014
- Research always pays
I DO realise that I have “commented” on the Royal Mint and its coins a number of times in recent months and for those of you who do not collect new issues I apologise—I will endeavour to steer clear of 21st Century coins in May. This month, however, I feel the latest...
- A new £1 coinTues, 18 March 2014
- It has just been announced that the UK is to have a new £1 coin! the 12 sided bimetallic coin will be introduced in 2017 to try to combat counterfeiting. We will of course have more details, and more pictures, as we get them. The BBC has its own take on the story on its website.
- There's gold in them there hills...Wed, 26 February 2014
- Ever wished you could just stumble across a fortune whilst out walking? Well apparently it happens - at least according to the BBC. Whilst we at COIN NEWS are very happy for them we can't help but feel just a little envious...
- The coinage on trialMon, 24 February 2014
- What would you like?
ONE of the most challenging aspects of putting together COIN NEWS each month is actually the writing of this “Comment”. I always try to make it topical but, in order to do that, I too often find myself regurgitating a piece from the news and that isn’t what this...