The UK's best selling Coin Magazine
Features include: numismatic news; a "what's on" section that lets collectors know about fairs, societies, auctions etc.; an "ancients" section; "market scene" - where you can find out what has been happening in the sale rooms; information on tokens; numismatic book reviews; a banknote section and a directory that allows readers to see what lists the main dealers are offering that month - as well as a host of other features of interest to both the serious and not-so-serious collector.
Coin News Headlines
- Iceni GoldTues, 1 September 2015
- Time to act
THIS little hobby of ours generally runs itself and does so pretty smoothly. Every now and then there is the odd hiccup: a forgery scare, a spike in certain prices, a fall in others, but the market, the dealers and collectors react accordingly and soon things are back to...
- Coin News wins - again!Wed, 26 August 2015
- The prestigious Numismatic Literary Guild award for World Numismatic Magazine - Best Issue - has been won by COIN NEWS, again! Thrilled to be announced as the winners at last year’s competition, to receive this important literary award for the second year running is a real feather in the Editorial...
- Honouring an empressThurs, 23 July 2015
- EURO SCEPTIC
BY the time you read this the world will know whether the Greek Government have succeeded in their aims to renegotiate the terms of their bailout or whether their creditors have stood firm, leaving Greece in essence bankrupt and on the verge of leaving the Euro. If the...
- Irish GoldMon, 22 June 2015
- The peoples’ choice?
THE recent announcement that the Bank of England (BoE) wants the public to consider the subject for the next £20 note (they did stipulate that they would prefer someone from the art world but other than that the brief is pretty free) comes hot on the heels of the...
- Penny Black CoinMon, 8 June 2015
- The start of something new
THIS month’s cover story is all about the 25th anniversary of the world’s first “coloured” coin—Pobjoy Mint’s innovation to celebrate 150 years of the Penny Black stamp. This won the coveted Coin of the Year (COTY) award in 1992 for “Best Crown” and “Most...