The UK's best selling Coin Magazine
Features include: numismatic news; a "what's on" section that lets collectors know about fairs, societies, auctions etc.; an "ancients" section; "market scene" - where you can find out what has been happening in the sale rooms; information on tokens; numismatic book reviews; a banknote section and a directory that allows readers to see what lists the main dealers are offering that month - as well as a host of other features of interest to both the serious and not-so-serious collector.
Coin News Headlines
- More childhood favouritesTues, 25 April 2017
- It’s an ill wind
AT THE celebrated Numismata show in Münich in early March there came a turning point in the world of numismatics when, unbeknownst to many at the fair, 30 German law enforcement officers, including three members of the Munich art and antiques squad, raided the event and...
- The Red Books are now here!Mon, 24 April 2017
- The BRAND NEW 2018 Red Books are now here! the Red Book is like the COIN YEARBOOK but for US coins - so if Americana is your passion order yours today! Now well-established as THE go-to book for US coins the Whitman Red Book is now available for 2018 - yes 2018, for some reason they are a few...
- Coins on trialWed, 29 March 2017
- Buyer Beware
THERE is an interesting piece by Glen Stephens in this month’s Philatelic Exporter (I know, stamps, I’m sorry, . . . ) regarding a certain well known on-line auction house and scammers/forgers. We won’t go as far as naming the auction house as presumably Mr Stephens has...
- The New One PoundWed, 22 February 2017
- Twelve sides to the story
FOR the first time since 1997 the United Kingdom has a brand new coin—admittedly the denomination is a familiar one so it could be argued that this is just a redesign rather than anything as radical as the £2 or the 20p were, but whilst that is strictly true I...
- Year of the RoosterTues, 24 January 2017
- China syndrome
WHILST this is, of course, the February issue of COIN NEWS most of you will receive it in January and so may I wish you a very Happy New Year! I accept that as you’re likely to be reading this “Comment” at the end of January such a sentiment may be a littleworn but...