The UK's best selling Coin Magazine
Features include: numismatic news; a "what's on" section that lets collectors know about fairs, societies, auctions etc.; an "ancients" section; "market scene" - where you can find out what has been happening in the sale rooms; information on tokens; numismatic book reviews; a banknote section and a directory that allows readers to see what lists the main dealers are offering that month - as well as a host of other features of interest to both the serious and not-so-serious collector.
Coin News Headlines
- Rule BritanniaMon, 28 July 2014
- A silver (or gold) lining
THE Royal Mint has recently unveiled a rather classy new look for their gold and silver “Britannia” issues this year with a standing, almost wistful looking figure on the reverse—a far cry from the recent warrior queen bestride a chariot or the windswept...
- New look BritanniaWed, 2 July 2014
- The Royal Mint have unveiled a new look for their gold and silver bullion "Britannia" series - a series that now includes a 1/40th of an ounce coin! More in COIN NEWS August!
- Gold for Her MajestyThurs, 26 June 2014
Her Majesty The Queen has personally received a gold medallion which bears the image of a Strelitzia flower named after Nelson Mandela, called Mandela's Gold.
The South African Gold Coin Exchange (SAGCE) and its retail division, The Scoin Shop, which hold the...
- Ireland's 1,000 years of coinageMon, 23 June 2014
- COIN NEWS, like most other publications recently, has devoted a great deal of time and column inches to the controversial Bitcoin, and, frankly it is beyond my limitations to fully understand it! However, in a recent on-line edition of MoneyNews.com, I came across a very interesting article written...
- Fake £2 coin!Fri, 30 May 2014
- In recent months the news has been full of stories of fake £1 coins and how to detect them but we haven't, until now, heard of a fake £2 - especially not one as good as the example we found.
Weighing in at exactly the same weight as a genuine one, the fake is only detectable...