The UK's best selling Coin Magazine
Features include: numismatic news; a "what's on" section that lets collectors know about fairs, societies, auctions etc.; an "ancients" section; "market scene" - where you can find out what has been happening in the sale rooms; information on tokens; numismatic book reviews; a banknote section and a directory that allows readers to see what lists the main dealers are offering that month - as well as a host of other features of interest to both the serious and not-so-serious collector.
Coin News Headlines
- York? Already?Fri, 26 June 2015
- Well not quite - but it won't be long before the second of the year's two York Coin and Medal fairs is upon us. This summer's event takes place on July 17 & 18 - again at the Knavesmire Stand, York Racecourse. Ever popular amongst dealers and collectors alike it is one not to miss - get those...
- Irish GoldMon, 22 June 2015
- The peoples’ choice?
THE recent announcement that the Bank of England (BoE) wants the public to consider the subject for the next £20 note (they did stipulate that they would prefer someone from the art world but other than that the brief is pretty free) comes hot on the heels of the...
- Penny Black CoinMon, 8 June 2015
- The start of something new
THIS month’s cover story is all about the 25th anniversary of the world’s first “coloured” coin—Pobjoy Mint’s innovation to celebrate 150 years of the Penny Black stamp. This won the coveted Coin of the Year (COTY) award in 1992 for “Best Crown” and “Most...
- Exceptional goldMon, 27 April 2015
- How to be remembered
HOW many of us, I wonder, actually think about why we collect. I know I don’t. I know why I started collecting, I know why I enjoy it and now I realise I collect simply because I can’t not. I could no more stop and leave my collection incomplete than fly in the air,...
- New look for our coinageMon, 23 March 2015
- On the Face of it
Well it’s here!— the new portrait of Her Majesty the Queen that will grace the UK’s coinage for the foreseeable future. This, the fifth and most probably final portrait of Her Majesty (well she is 88 and the last portrait was unveiled 17 years ago so another is...