The UK's best selling Coin Magazine
Features include: numismatic news; a "what's on" section that lets collectors know about fairs, societies, auctions etc.; an "ancients" section; "market scene" - where you can find out what has been happening in the sale rooms; information on tokens; numismatic book reviews; a banknote section and a directory that allows readers to see what lists the main dealers are offering that month - as well as a host of other features of interest to both the serious and not-so-serious collector.
Coin News Headlines
- New look for our coinageMon, 23 March 2015
- On the Face of it
Well it’s here!— the new portrait of Her Majesty the Queen that will grace the UK’s coinage for the foreseeable future. This, the fifth and most probably final portrait of Her Majesty (well she is 88 and the last portrait was unveiled 17 years ago so another is...
- The new £1 CoinWed, 18 March 2015
- The reverse design of the new 12-sided £1 coin has been unveiled!
Designed by 15 Year Old David Pearce the new look reverse was selected from over 6,000 entries in a public competition. It incorporates four national "plant" symbols of the constituent countries of the United...
- Britannia's backFri, 27 February 2015
- The Royal Mint today (February 27) announced a return for that beloved icon Britannia to our circulating coinage. A rather fetching design has been unveiled for the 2015 £2 coin which, presumably, will also feature the new effigy of Her Majesty the Queen
- Lasting LegacyMon, 23 February 2015
- Picture this…
YOU’RE probably reading this “Comment” at the end of February 2015 (with our new email magazine even overseas readers get to see COIN NEWS before the end of the month preceding the cover date!), which means you won’t have seen the new effigy of Her Majesty the Queen that...
- In memory of AbbeyTues, 10 February 2015
- As many of you know our friend and colleague Abbey passed away in November following a brave fight against breast cancer. On April 26 of this year, Klara, Abbey's best friend, and another of the Token Team, is running the London Marathon in aid of the Breast Cancer Campaign and is keen...